Friday, June 20, 2008

Turkey and sunshine!

I'm enjoying free high speed wifi for the first time in almost 10 months. It is a WILD thing. I did things like get the latest version of itunes and system updates ... checked out pictures on friends' blogs ... read the news yesterday for over an hour ... it's very happy and a great thrill.

For those of you who aren't aware, I've been in Turkey since Sunday night - large gathering of 'family' going on here. I've had a great time; had a couple days to relax, lots of time to catch up with friends both new and old, and even get a sunburn. I am a fan of the Mediterranean. But Turkish guys ... not so much. Those stories however, will need to be related in person.

I can't believe I'll be on another few planes heading home in about 4 days. By the way, were you aware that it takes 8 hours to fly from Khabarovsk to Moscow? That was a great time.

Saying goodbyes was very hard; my two roommates stood on the curb and cried and waved to me as I rode away on trolley bus 1 towards the airport. How sad!

I'm excited to be home soon - can't wait to see you all! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yey! I got a small coming home trinket for you.

shauna c said...

Hey,
I tagged you on my blog at: www.shaunainmoldova.blogspot.com!
Check it out!!

How is your re-adjusting going??

I am doing well. I would love to hear from you.

Shauna :)